Raise a glass to yourself
Well, we did it. We made it through 2017.
There were good times, not so great times, and time when we thought it might not have been possible, but we did it. We’ve also made it through our 31 days of inspiration and tips to make it an #evenbetter2018. We’d like to give a shout out to everyone who joined in or followed along!
In celebration of our collective effort and stunning achievements, we think it’s time to celebrate us. Tonight, raise a glass to the thoughtfulness, kindness, and hard work you’ve put into the world this year. Let’s toast to an Even Better 2018. Cheers to all of our friends, colleagues, loved ones and ourselves in the coming year!
Looking for something beyond traditional bubbly? Here’s one last bit of inspiration:
Serves 1 | Recipe by Eben Freeman for Epicurious
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) gin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) simple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) dry sparkling wine, such as brut Champagne, chilled
- Using zester or paring knife, slice peel from lemon in long, thin spiral. Reserve lemon for another use and set peel aside.
- In cocktail shaker, combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Strain into chilled Champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
- Curl lemon peel around finger to create twist at least 6 inches long. Garnish drink with twist and serve immediately.
French 75 Mocktail
Serves 2 | Recipe by Alejandra Ramos at Always Order Dessert
- 2 cups ice
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 4 dashes lemon or orange bitters
- 2 (6-8oz) bottles premium tonic water (such as Fever Tree or Q Tonic)
- 2 rock candy swizzle sticks
- Add fresh lemon juice and bitters to cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until frosty then divide into two champagne flutes or coupe glasses.
- Top off with tonic water until it reaches about 3/4 of the way up the glass.
- Garnish with the swizzle sticks and serve immediately.
- NOTE: Can't find rock candy? Add 1 teaspoon superfine sugar along with the lemon juice and bitters in the shaker.
What are you raising your glass to tonight? Share a pic on Instagram or Twitter at @closerlook with #evenbetter2018.
Check out a live show
The drugs, Optistavin, Easovartis and Librylin, and names, results, case studies and specific information, referenced in this advertisement are fictional and were created solely for illustrating the digital marketing capabilities of closerlook, inc. Any resemblance to actual drugs, medications, treatments, persons, living or dead, or to actual events, is purely coincidental. closerlook, inc. does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage or disruption caused by such party’s reliance on the fictitious information contained in this illustration.